As per guidelines of the National Legal Services Authority, a National Lok Adalat is being organized on 10.04.2021
The Voice of Chandigarh: As per guidelines of the National Legal Services Authority, a National Lok Adalat is being organized on 10.04.2021. A review meeting was held by Hon’ble Mr. Justice, Jaswant Singh, Judge Punjab and Haryana High Court and Executive Chairman, State Legal services Authority, UT Chandigarh. It was directed that all necessary precautions were to be taken to ensure the safety of litigants, staff and officers of the court.
- It was to be ensured that not more than 50 cases were to be marked to each court.
- At any one time, not more than 2 litigants were to be allowed inside the courtroom.
- Scattered timings to be given to the litigants.
- Thermal screening to be done at the entrance of the court premises
- Adequate sanitizers to be made available.
- Gloves, masks and other protective material to be given to all staff
- Social distancing to be maintained throughout the court premises.
- Additional staff to deputed so as to ensure that all directions are adequately adhered to.
During this Lok Adalat, all type of Civil Cases and Criminal Compoundable Cases shall be taken up in the aforesaid National Lok Adalat for amicable settlement. To achieve maximum disposal of cases, 10 Benches have been constituted to take up the aforesaid categories of cases.
In addition to above mentioned cases, Traffic Challans, STA Challans, Shop Act Cases, Registrar of Companies Act, Municipal Corporation Matters etc., shall also be taken up in the coming Lok Adalat. Out of 10 Benches so constituted, three benches have been exclusively set up for disposal of cases under Section 138 of N.I. Act and one exclusive Lok Adalat bench has been set up for settlement of matrimonial cases.
The litigants can approach the concerned Courts where the litigation is pending, for listing the matter in the coming Lok Adalat for settlement by submitting an application in the concerned Court. It is urged to the General Public to ensure personal safety at all times while participating in this National Lok Adalat.