CHANDIGARH SMART CITY LTD. BOARD OF DIRECTORS APPROVES INNOVATIVE PROJECTS
The Voice of Chandigarh News | Photo: T S Bedi
The 8thmeeting of Board of Directors of Chandigarh Smart City Ltd. was held here at the Chandigarh Smart City Ltd, Office under the chairmanship of Manoj Kumar Parida, IAS, Adviser to the Administrator, UT, Chandigarh and attended by the directors of the company namely Arun Kumar Gupta, IAS, Principal Secretary Home, Ajoy Kumar Sinha, IAS, Finance Secretary, K.K. Yadav, IAS, CEO, CSCL-cum-Commissioner, MC, Chd., Mandeep Singh Brar, IAS, Deputy Commissioner, Sumit Gakhar, Under Secretary, Ministry of Urban and Housing Affairs, Manoj Kumar Bansal, Chief Engineer, MC, Chd., Kapil Setia, Chief Architect, UT, Chandigarh.
The CEO Yadav, IAS gave a brief presentation of projects funded under Smart City Mission, which are being executed by CSCL, MC, Chd. and UT Administration
Kamal Kishore Yadav, IAS briefed the Advisor to the Administrator about major projects including potable water & waste water management, Solid Waste Management system, Urban retrofit & redevelopment projects, mobility & social sector works, energy reforms and Pan city ICT projects.
During the meeting various important agenda items were discussed and the board of directors accorded approval for the projects to be implemented
- The BOD decided to set up Integrated Command and Control Center (ICCC) including Artificial Intelligence, Surveillance Cameras and E-Governance etc. at an estimated cost of Rs. 199 crores. Under this project the safety of citizens will be ensured through total 943 surveillance cameras to be located at various locations like Govt. Schools, Hospitals, Parks, Community Centers & 288 locations for Water Works and Tube Wells. The surveillance will be carried out through fixed and PTZ Cameras. Further in order to efficiently manage the traffic and traffic lights at major junctions, Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR), Red Light Violation Detection (RLVD) and Over Speed Detection System (OSDS) cameras will also be provided at 40 different locations in the city through 747 cameras. The traffic lights at 40 important junctions shall also be monitor with Adaptive Traffic Control System (ATCS). In case of traffic violation E-Challan will be automatically generated through these cameras. However, facility for e- payment will also be provided for ease of the citizens. All the 20 entry/exit points of the city will also be monitored through these cameras.
- Refurbishment of public toilet blocks in sectors-17, 22, 35 and 43 will be carried out under Smart City Mission with estimated cost of Rs. 6 crores. These toilets will be provided with premium facilities like Bank ATM, Water ATM, Bay Shops and provision of roof top solar plant for power supply. It will have separate facility for men, women and differently able persons. The project will be implemented on Public Private Partnership mode.
- Detailed Project Report (DPR) for mining of legacy waste and recovery of land at Daddumajra dumping ground on BOT basis at an estimated cost of Rs. 40 crores was approved by the Chairman. Currently the residents of Dadumajra are facing great difficulty due to foul smell & threat of diseases from the leachate generated from the garbage in the dumping ground at Dadumajra. In this project about 16 Acers of material waste will be processed as per the latest Bio-Mining method within a period of 2 years. The Advisor to the Administrator directed to implement the project in a manner to ensure that local residents do not face any kind of noise or air/dust pollution.
- Preliminary design report (PDR) for setting up of animal carcass disposal facility at Dadumajra at an estimated cost of Rs. 5 crores was also approved by the Board. Chairman was apprised about the fact that on an average 10 large and 30 small animals are disposed off in an arbitrary manner daily in the City in an insanitary way which creates lot of foul smell and problems like dog bites at the carcass disposal site. In this plant the dead animals will be incinerated with the PNG/LPG in most hygienic and environmental friendly way. The CEO, CSCL apprised the Advisor to the Administrator that in order to improve hygiene in Sector-21 meat market about 1.5 Tons of daily meat waste will also be disposed off through this mechanism.
- Detailed project report (DPR) of SCADA system for recycled water network at an estimated cost of Rs. 5 crores was approved by the chairman. The CEO, CSCL apprised that there are lot of complaints arriving regarding the smell from Tertiary Treated Water (T.T.W) by the residents and many times the citizen complains of inadequate supply of T.T. Water for irrigation of plants and lawns. In order to monitor the quality and adequate supply of T.T water, the sensors will be installed at the under ground storage reservoirs as well as the end point of the main line supplying T.T. Water to houses. Remote terminal units will be installed at 21 points to convey the real time parameters like pressure, flow, BOD, Chlorine etc. to the control room of Monitoring Centre in Sector-28 A, Pump House.
The Advisor to the Administrator shown keen interest in all the projects under Smart City and directed all the officers to manage each project under well defined time lines to ensure speedy and timely execution of Smart City Projects. K.K. Yadav, IAS, CEO, CSCL updated that as per the directions of the Advisor to the Administrator the tenders for the following projects have been floated today i.e. 31.12.2018:-
- Smart water meters (13700 Nos.) at an estimated Cost Rs. 24.00 Crore.
- Public Bike Sharing System consisting of 5000 Bikes at 617 docking locations in Chandigarh on PPP mode at an estimated Cost Rs. 20.00 Crore.
- Setting up of animal carcass incineration plant at Dadumajra at an estimated Cost Rs. 5.00 Crore on Build Operate and Transfer (BOT) basis.
- 24×7 water supply in Manimajra, Chandigarh at an estimated Cost Rs.140 Crore.
- Up-gradation of five Existing Sewage Treatment Plants (STPs) and construction of one new STP on Design, Build and Operate basis at an estimated Cost Rs.511 Crore .
the Advisor to the Administrator Sh. Manoj Kumar Parida, IAS also inaugurated the newly renovated ground floor on his first arrival to the O/o Chandigarh Smart City Limited, Chandigarh. Dr. Saurabh Mishra, IAS, Additional CEO, CSCL, Sh. Arjun Sharma, SDM (East), Sh. N.P. Sharma, GM, CSCL, Ms. Nalini Malik, CFO, CSCL, Ms. Shaveta Sharma, CS, CSCL, Sh. Gagandeep Singh, Manager (T), Sh. Sahil Kumar, Deputy Manager (T), CSCL and other officials were also present.