CHANDIGARH TRAFFIC POLICE CONDUCTS ROAD SAFETY AWARENESS PROGRAM
The Voice of Chandigarh News
A Road Safety Awareness Program was conducted at K B DAV Sr Sec Public School, Sec. 7 Chandigarh for school Bus Drivers/Attendants. During this session Transport Manager With 60 Drivers/ Attendants attended
this Road Safety Awareness program.
Insp Parvesh Sharma with her CTP Awareness Team SI Bhupindar Singh, ASI Rajender Singh, HC Jagroop Singh, Sr Ct Rajiv & Dvr Vol Shamber Singh made them aware about the Motor Vehicles Act. 1988 along with its Amendment made since 1st September 2019, Central Motor Vehicles Rules 1989 and Motor Vehicle Driving Regulation 2017.
Special emphasis was given on the safety of the school students while picking and dropping them and while in transit. The school authorities as well as the school bus Drivers were instructed to follow the guidelines issued by Chandigarh Administration Notification” Safe Transportation Policy for Students (STRAPS) .
Beside this they were also imparted knowledge about the Impact and Importance of various important issues which are for their own safety as well as for the safety of other road users e.g.
- Impact of Mobile phone useage, usage with ear plug upon pedestrian, cyclist and Motor Vehicles Drivers
- Importance of wearing proper safety head gear (helmet ) of BIS standards I.S.I Mark.
- Importance of wearing a seat belt
- Importance of Road Signages & Road Markings and Traffic light signals
- Importance and Impact of Lane driving and how to change lane
- Importance of rear view mirror and rear view side mirrors and mirror check after indicator and before turning Left/right or changing lane.
- Unnecessary honking and its effect
- Importance of pedestrian Zebra crossing and how to cross the road safely etc.
- Impact of driving by Juviniles & Emergency Number 112/Traffic Help Line Number 1073.
- Give way to EMERGENCY VEHICLES AMBULANCE,FIRE-BRIDGE AND POLICE (PCR) VEHICLE .
They were also made aware about the law covering GOOD SMARTARIAN also.