Chandigarh Transport Undertaking (CTU) has implemented an Intelligent Transport System (ITS) in 358 buses of the city fleet
THE VOICE OF CHANDIGARH NEWS:
Chandigarh Transport Undertaking (CTU) has implemented an Intelligent Transport System (ITS) in 358 buses of the city fleet. A state of the Art Command Control Centre is built in ISBT-43 for monitoring of the ITS in buses. Nitin Kumar Yadav, IAS, Secretary Transport, UT, Chandigarh along with Mandip Singh Brar, IAS, Deputy Commissioner, UT, Chandigarh and Pradhuman Singh, HCS, Director Transport visited the Command Control Centre at ISBT 43.
Secretary Transport was briefed about the Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) project as well as Command Control Centre operations. As a part of the Efficient and Sustainable City Bus Service (ESCBS) project of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, partially funded by World Bank, the work of Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of Intelligent Transportation System for City Bus Services was awarded to the System Integrator in November 2019.
The project comprises the following modules:-
1) Automatic Vehicle Location System and Passenger Information System.
2) Automatic Fare Collection System.
3) Depot Management System.
4) Command Control centre.
The Passenger Information Display Screens have been installed at both Bus Terminals i.e. ISBT Sector 17 and 43, at Railway Station and at 37 nos Bus Queue Shelters at different locations. The commuters will be benefitted in terms of the following:
• Live Tracking of En-route buses
• Expected Time of Arrival/Departure at Terminals, Bus Queue Shelters and at commuter locations through Mobile/Web App.
• Journey Planner
• Bus Route and Schedule.
• Grievance Redressal Management System(GRMS)
• In-bus CCTV Cameras – Improving the security of commuters.
• Cashless travel through Smart Cards (Personalized and Anonymous) along with the facility of online recharge.
Apart from the above, the CTU management will get the following advantages:
• No of buses Scheduled out of total buses in Depot.
• No. of buses En-route/Idle.l
• Number of Routes/Trips in Operation
• Bus and Crew Allocation
• Schedule Adherence
• Bus Bunching
• Timely Bus Maintenance Monitoring – Depot Management System
• Real time cash collection
• Reduction of Cash handling, revenue leakage by usage of Smart cards.
• Live tracking of Buses on Map with following information:
• Live CCTV Footage
• Assistance during Emergency Situation
• Passenger area monitoring
• Driver behaviour monitoring
• Incident Alert
• Panic Button
• Alarm pedal
• Over Speed
• Early in Trip
• Delay in Trip