Governor launches 1st bouquet of projects under Chandigarh Smart City Mission
The Voice of Chandigarh News
V.P. Singh Badnore, Governor, Punjab and Administrator, UT, Chandigarh launched of the first bouquet of projects of the Chandigarh Smart City Mission on the 2nd anniversary of Smart City Mission launched by Ministery of Urban Development, Government of India.
The projects were launched by the Governor in the presence of Kirron Kher, Member Parliament, Parimal Rai, IAS, Adviser to the Administrator, Asha Kumari Jaswal, Mayor, Anurag Aggarwal, IAS, Home Secretary, Kavita Singh, IAS, CEO Chandigarh Smart City Ltd.-cum-Commissioner, MC, Chandigarh, Capt. Manoj Khatri, Joint Commissioner, MC, Mukesh Anand, Chief Engineer, UT, Chandigarh, N.P. Sharma, Chief Engineer, MC, Councillors of MC and prominent persons of the city.
The Governor launched different projects including dedicated cycle tracks shared with foot path (Vigyan Path), Smart City operations Centre at PEC, Construction of sub way connecting sector 17 to Rose Garden, Smart Parking at Sector 17, Revitalization of proposed urban park behind Neelam Cinema, Sector 17, Chandigarh.
Dedicated cycle tracks shared with foot path
The Chandigarh Administration has plan to construct the 90 Km cycle tracks in Chandigarh. The work of cycle track about 9.2 Km on Vigyan path has been completed and opened to the Public and work is in progress in rest of the areas. The total expenditure involved on this cycle track is about 1.40 Crore. The cyclist now freely and w/o any fearing of any accident can drive the cycle on the busy roads. The total cost involved is 18 Crore. The balance work construction of Cycle Tracks will be completed by December 2017.
Smart City Operations Centre at PEC
Smart City Operations Centre includes state of the art Integrated command control center which includes Smart analytics and Artificial Intelligence enabled solutions. This platform will act as urban observatory and has integrated all the live smart city solutions of Chandigarh Smart city like Water SCADA, Solid waste management, Mechanized cleaning of roads, Bus transport solution, Citizen portal solutions etc.
This is an important initiative towards the Smart City Mission and was started in Feb, 2017 through the partnership between Chandigarh administration and PEC, Chandigarh. The project was visualized to be executed with an active collaboration between Technology and Research institution (PEC), Smart Cities SPV (Government) and Industry eco system. The project beside the support from PEC and Chandigarh administration also has committed support from Punjab Govt., Haryana Government and MOUD. The project has been established with 3 key objectives
1) Establish a living lab and Urban observatory for Smart city solutions
2) Skill development and Capacity building for Smart cities
3) Innovation center and Start Up Hub for Smart Cities
Construction of Sub Way connecting Sector 17 to Rose Garden
The cost of construction of under pass connecting sector 16 Rose Garden and Sector 17 Plaza on Jan Marg is Rs 7.0 Crore. The construction work shall be completed within 9 Months. The Pedestrian underpass connecting North plaza Sector 17 and Rose Garden Sector 16 will help in connecting two large public spaces and increases footfall in Sector 17 Chandigarh. It will help in creating tourist route up to Capitol complex connecting with major Heritage Buildings/areas. The underpass is in line with other proposed developments to activate North Plaza. The total area to develop is about 1.5 Acre. The length and width of Underpass Box Culvert is 65mt and 12 mtr respectively. The internal height of Box will be 3 mtr. The main features are :-
1) Entry by steps and ramps on Sector 17 Side-85mtr
2) Entry by Landscape Ramp on Rose Garden side-26mtr
3) Golf Cart/E-Rickshaw way
4) Two cut out for light and ventilation
5) Provision of Murals on Underpass wall
Revitalization of proposed Urban park behind Neelam cinema, Sector 17
The Chandigarh Administration is going to start the work holistic plan for the revitalization of proposed urban park behind the Neelam Cinema Sector 17 Chandigarh and Pedestrian under pass connection between Rose Garden Sector 16 and Sector 17 Chandigarh. The area of land to be developed behind Neelam Cinema is about 60 Acre. The total cost of project is Rs.11.50 Crore. The letter of intent has already been issued to the agency M/S Hans Raj Kohli & Sons, Chandigarh. The work will be completed within 12 months. The main features of the work are :-
1) Integrating Existing Football Ground and MCC Green Belt
2) Existing football to lowered by 1mtr with size 106mtrx65mtr
3) Public Hill to be created by Excavated earth
4) Capacity of Public Hill 2500 Persons
5) One No. Multipurpose Play Court.
6) Three number open Badminton Courts
7) Amphitheatre with capacity of 200 Persons.
8) Cycle track 3 mtr wide and 550mtr long
9) New Pavilion Building having capacity for 500 persons, Changing rooms, Gymnasium and Toilets
10) Re-Use of existing estate office store as food court & Children Play area
11) Pedestrian Walkways with integrated landscaping elements and street furniture
12) Provision of Large outdoor LED Screen
Smart Parking system at Sector 17
The concept of paid parking was started in Chandigarh in the year 2001. Since then the paid parkings were allotted to the individual contractors through open auction. During the past years it was observed that the contractors used to indulge in malpractices like overcharging and violating other terms and conditions of the contract. Moreover, the public was facing problem in paid parkings due to haphazard parking, misbehavior by the workers of contractors etc. Therefore, smart parking system has been introduced in the new system and the contract has been allotted to M/s Arya Toll Infra Ltd, Mumbai, through e-tenders being highest bidder with Rs.14.78 Crore per annum. Earlier these parkings were auctioned for Rs.5.80 crore per annum approximately.
In the new parking contract, the contractor has to provide smart parking solution in the parking area to ensure the following features:-
- All ticketing by electronic machine with real time data coming to central server which can be checked by MCC at its computer or mobile.
- CCTV coverage of parking area with 100% recording at central server and feed to officials authorized by MCC.
- Mobile applications for at least IOS, Android platform where public can get requisite information about parking and authorized MCC officials can get real time access to data, KPIs and other information about parking management.
- System for using Smart card based passes and Smart card based payment system with card issuance and recharging facility at each parking.
- Smart card based paid monthly passes should be issued by the contractor as per rates provided in the terms and conditions.
- Digital signage at every entry point showing status of capacity, occupancy and vacant slots