MCC Panel meets over generation of revenue
The Voice of Chandigarh News:
A meeting of committee constituted by Raj Bala Malik, Mayor, Chandigarh to enhance revenue sources of the Municipal Corporation Chandigarh was held. which was attended by members of the committee namely Rajesh Kumar, Anil Kumar Dubey, Mahesh Inder Singh Siddhu, Satish Kumar Kainth, Ajay Dutta, Anil Kumar Garg, Additional Commissioner, Sanjay Arora, SE (B&R), and Krishan Pal Singh, SE, Horticulture, Municipal Corporation Chandigarh.
During the meeting the financial status and sources to enhance the income of Municipal Corporation was discussed in detail and the following resolutions were recommended:
· The committee discussed and decided that the entry ticket to the gardens/green belts had already been rejected by the General House and this committee may not discuss about the resolution.
· Door to door waste collection charges may be implemented in the villages recently merged into the Municipal Corporation.
· Proposal be prepared about regularization of water connection to the residents outside lal dora and amendment in water bye-laws.
· Govt. institutions be included in addition to general public for the one time settlement of water bill defaulters with suggestions of relaxation @ 10% for one time payment, relaxation @ 7% for two installments and relaxation @ 5% for three installments. The committee also recommended to create awareness among masses about the schemes.
· Proposals be prepared about displaying advertisements in toilet blocks located at Gardens/green belts.
· Advertisement proposal for connecting passages to the different city markets.
· Booking of rooms in Community centres on rent bases.
· Option be explored to run Gyms in community centres through PPP mode.
· Indoor and outdoor space at community centres be given on rent for organizing exhibitions.
· Options be explored to rent out gym and exhibition hall in Mahila Bhawan, sector 38.
· Possibilities be explored to curtail expenditure on celebration of Chrysanthemum show and Rose Festival.
· Proposal be prepared to sale out pruned branches (fuel wood) through outsource bases.
· 20% cut in fuel to the office vehicles of all officers of Municipal Corporation Chandigarh.
The recommendations will be sent to the General House for further discussion and taking final decision on the agendas approved.