Teacher’s Day Celebrations-2018 at PG GCG, Sector-42, Chandigarh
The Voice of Chandigarh News: Photo by T S Bedi
The Education Department of Chandigarh Administration celebrated Teachers’ day function at PG Govt College, Sector 42, Chandigarh today. Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator Chandigarh VP Singh Bandore was the chief guest on this occasion. The department honoured 10 teachers with state Award and 4 teachers with Commendation Certificate for the exemplary work done during their service.
The Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT, Chandigarh, V.P. Singh Badnore, The Adviser to the Administrator, UT, Chandigarh, Parimal Rai along with senior officers posing with the State Awardees Teachers on Teacher’s Day Celebrations-2018 at PG GCG, Sector-42, Chandigarh on September 5, 2018.
Addressing the teaching fraternity, students and officers of Chandigarh Administration, Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator Chandigarh shared that “One of the most important aims of education is to awaken intelligence in the pupils. To awaken this capacity in oneself and in others is education, and it is the teacher who delivers us this education.” In his opening remarks, he dedicated the day to one of the most notable teacher, Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, who took the dignity of teaching to enormous professional heights by his precept and practice.
A book namely Experiential Learning- Nai Talim was also released on this occasion. This book is a joint effort of the state council of Educational Research and Training, UT and Mahatma Gandhi National Council of Rural Education, Hyderabad. The book is expected to inspire this movement to cover progressively 25 crore students of educational institutes at different levels in the country covering 80 lakh primary school teachers and 20 lakh secondary school teachers, spread over 17.5 lakh primary schools and 2.5 lakh secondary schools across the country.
The Education Department also honored academic toppers of Govt schools of Chandigarh for the last two sessions. In total cash awards of more than Rs. 10 lacs were disbursed to the meritorious students.
The Administrator appreciated the untiring efforts of the Education Department of Chandigarh Administration to escalate the quality of education in the Govt. schools of Chandigarh, and encouraged the teaching fraternity to shape the minds of youth with utmost sincerity and dedication and continue doing their best to build a strong and vibrant student brigade.
List of Awardees
- SUKHRAJ KAUR, LECTURER MUSIC CUM NODAL OFFICER DEO OFFICE
- RANJNA KHOSLA , OFFICIATING PRINCIPAL, GMSSS-32-C
- NEELAM RANI, LECTURER HINDI, GMSSS-35
- PARMINDER KAUR, LECTURER POL. SCIENCE, GMSSS-20-D
- VANADANA VERMA, MUSIC MISTRESS, GMSSS-16
- DHEERJA SHARMA, S. ST. MISTRESS, GMSSS-16
- MANJINDER KAUR, HINDI MISTRESS, GHS-COLONY NO. 4
- SANJAY KUMAR, SCIENCE MASTER, GMHS-49-D
- RAM BILAS, S. ST. MASTER ,GSSS-KAIMBWALA
- YOGITA KALRA, PTI, GMSSS-19
- POOJA VARMA, JBT, GMSSS-33
- JARNAIL SINGH, PUNJABI MASTER, GMSSS-38 WEST
- RENU VASISHTA, SST. MISTRESS, GMSSS-28
- MANOJ KUMAR JOSHI, MATHS MASTER, GMSSS-39
- SAPNA SOOD, LECTUER HISTORY, GSSS MANIMAJRA TOWN