Command Control Centre and Smart card launched by the Governor of Punjab and Administrator
THE VOICE OF CHANDIGARH NEWS: A Command Control Centre and Smart card has been launched by the Governor of Punjab and Administrator, U.T, Chandigarh in the presence of Dharam Pal, Adviser to Administrator, Mandip Singh Brar, Secretary Transport. A State of the art Command Control Centre is built to monitor the City bus operations in real-time constructed at ISBT 43 in the record time frame of 8 months.
Smart cards will be used by the city commuters for e-ticketing as well as concessional travel. Commuters can recharge/top-up their Smart cards from customer Service points at ISBT 17 and 43, E-sampark centres, ‘trycity Bus’ Mobile Application and Web Portal ‘https://ctuportal.amnex.com’.
As a part of the Efficient and Sustainable City Bus Service project of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, partially funded by World Bank, the work of Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of Intelligent Transportation System for City Bus Services was awarded to the System Integrator in November 2019. The said project has been implemented on 358 city buses running across 59 routes in Tri-City.
The Intelligent Transportation System project comprises of the following modules:-
1) Automatic Vehicle Location System and Passenger Information System.
2) Automatic Fare Collection System.
3) Depot Management System.
4) Command Control centre.
The Passenger Information Display Screens have been installed at both Bus Terminals i.e. ISBT Sector 17 and 43, at Railway Station and at 37 nos Bus Queue Shelters at different locations. The commuters will be benefitted with
• Live Tracking of En-route buses
• Expected Time of Arrival/Departure at Terminals, Bus Queue Shelters and at commuter locations through Mobile/Web App.
• Journey Planner
• Bus Route and Schedule.
• Grievance Redressal Management System(GRMS)
• In-bus CCTV Cameras – Improving the security of commuters.
Apart from the above, the CTU management will get the following advantages:
• No of buses Scheduled out of total buses in Depot.
• No. of buses En-route/Idle.
• Number of Routes/Trips in Operation
• Bus and Crew Allocation
• Schedule Adherence
• Bus Bunching
• Timely Bus Maintenance Monitoring – Depot Management System
• Real-time cash collection
• Reduction of Cash handling, revenue leakage by the usage of Smart cards.
• Live tracking of Buses on Map with the following information:
• Live CCTV Footage
• Assistance during Emergency Situation
• Passenger area monitoring
• Driver behaviour monitoring
• Incident Alert
• Panic Button
• Alarm pedal
• Over Speed
• Early in Trip
• Delay in Trip
Satish Kumar Jain, Director Transport, Sh. Amit Gupta, General Manager, CTU, Yashjeet Gupta, General Manager, CCBSS and other key officers of UT Administration were also present.