Kolkata Hosts ‘India International Travel Mart’
India’s Premier Travel and Tourism Exhibition
The Voice of Chandigarh News:
The pandemic has affected the tourism industry hugely and as the industry attempts to get back into business mode, we are happy to add value to the recovery of the tourism industry. In the year of the celebrations of ‘Azadi ki Amrut Mahotsav’, India Tourism is happy to partner with the IITM Event this year to create awareness of India’s vast tourism potential.
India’s leading travel-media company Sphere Travelmedia & Exhibitions will organize the ‘India International Travel Mart’ (IITM) in Kolkata from the 04 – 06 March 2022 at Khudiram Anushilan Kendra, Netaji Indoor Stadium Complex, Kolkata.
Guests of Honour at the Inauguration:
Mr. Sanjeev Mehra, President, SKAL Kolkata
Mr. Manav Soni, Chairman, Eastern India, TAAI
Mr. Debjit Dutta, Chairman, ADTOI (Bengal and North East India)
Mr. Koushik Banerjee, Board Member and Chapter Chairman, East India, ETAA
Mr.Kanshik Kar, President ,Travel agents association of Bengal,
Mr.Manas Mahapatra, President – Tourism Welfare Association.
Mr.Sandkip Das , president , Himalayan Hotels Tourism Development Network.
IITM is India’s premier trade exhibition that brings travel, tourism, hospitality, leisure and other related industries under a roof. It is aimed at bringing the industry, face-to-face with the travel trade, corporate buyers and the end-customers. The event will see the participation of travel agents/tour operators, DMC, hotels and resorts, national tourism offices, technology platforms, online travel portals, etc.
It will be a proud moment for Sphere Travelmedia & Exhibitions as it completes twenty successful years of providing the travel–trade industry and discerning buyers an opportunity to do business. With 100 participants from various travel-trade organizations and tourism boards from 15 Indian states, IITM will showcase a variety of spheres such as pilgrimages, adventures, culture and heritage, beaches, hills and many more.
Sphere TravelMedia Director Sanjay Hakhu said: “As we recover from the pandemic to get back into business mode, India has emerged as one of the most interesting and productive countries for the travel industry both for leisure and business travel. A combination of factors is responsible for the growth and demand of travel within India. The visitor profile is on a B2B & B2C format and will have over 10,000 visitors over three days”.
Sphere TravelMedia Director Rohit Hangal added “With the present ongoing recovery of tourism and with International Arrivals in India on a slower growth, ‘India International Travel Mart’ is the right event to provide an impetus to the Indian domestic tourism industry. The tourism stakeholders from the states of Karnataka, Himachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Gujarat, Jammu and Kashmir, Kerala and many more destinations will be seen aggressively marketing their products”.
- This year the event has participation from over 15 Indian States, making it one of the highlights of the travel industry in the city.
- Karnataka and Gujarat are the Partner States
- Kerala and Meghalaya are the Feature states
- More than 100 travel organizations, hotels and resorts participated from all over India, making it one of the most diverse ranges of hospitality products in the country on display.
- Supported by India Tourism, the event showcased diverse Tourism segments such as Pilgrimage Travel, Adventure, Cultural pursuits, shopping tours, etc.
- The event is supported by all major travel associations such as TAAI, IATO, SKAL, FRETA, ETAA, Travel Agents Association of Bengal, etc.
- Attractive discounts on offer for Spot Bookings.
- Perfectly timed to target Summer Holidays
- The Visitor Profile is on a B2B & B2C format.
- Entry is free
The ‘India International Travel Mart’ provides an ideal ‘marketing opportunity’ and an excellent opportunity to enhance the destination’s ‘brand-equity’ in the eyes of the discerning end consumer and the travel-trade.