STATEWIDE NIGHT CURFEW IMPOSED IN PUNJAB
The Voice of Chandigarh News:
Punjab imposes statewide night curfew, schools & colleges shut. Only fully vaccinated staff will be allowed to attend the government as well as private offices, working spaces, factories and industries.
Following restrictions will be in force till 15.1.2022 :
Social distancing and wearing of masks
- Wearing of masks by all persons in public places, including workplaces etc. will be mandatory and must be strictly observed and enforced.
- Social distancing i.e minimum 6 feet distance (do gaz ki duri) for all the activities shall always be maintained.
Movement of persons – night curfew (10.00 p.m. to 5.00 a.m.)
Movement of individuals for all the non-essential activities shall remain prohibited between 10.00 p.m. to 5.00 a.m. within municipal limits of all the cities and towns of Punjab. The district authorities are accordingly asked to issue prohibitory orders under section 144 of Cr. PC and ensure strict compliance.
However, essential activities including operation of multiple shifts in industry, offices etc. (both Government and private), movement of persons and goods on National and State Highways and unloading of cargo and travel of persons to their destinations after disembarking from buses, trains and aeroplanes will be permitted.
Online teaching/distance learning to be encouraged
All Educational Institutions including schools, colleges, universities, coaching institutions etc. shall remain closed. However, these institutions are expected to maintain the academic schedule through online teaching. However, medical and nursing colleges may continue to function normally.
- All bars, Cinemas Halls, Multiplexes, Malls, restaurants, spas, museums, zoos etc. shall be allowed to operate at 50% of their capacity subject to all staff present being fully vaccinated.
- All Sports Complexes, stadia, swimming pools, Gyms shall remain closed (except being used for training of sports persons for participation in National/International sports events as well as for organizing National/International sports events). No Spectators or visitors are to be allowed.
AC buses will run at 50% of capacity.
Only fully vaccinated staff will be allowed to attend the Government as well as Private Offices, working spaces, factories, industries etc.
Principle of No Mask – No Service
- No Service shall be provided in Government or private offices to the persons not wearing proper mask.
The district authorities may impose additional restrictions as deemed necessary, based on their assessment of the situation, but they will not dilute the above restrictions.